Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday night Cardiac Arrest

Planning - it's not just important in a family of 14, it's a means of survival. Sunday evenings Mom would pull out her massive, master Franklin Covey and document ALL of our upcoming events. How she coordinated all of our lives still remains a mystery and a miracle. At age 23, I can't even manage to organize my own life.

Following family tradition, on Sunday nights I flip open my handy dandy BYU planner and look at my schedule for the week. This is due then, that is due THEN?! meetings here. work there. research at that time. ward activities every night. meet with that professor.... and sleep, eat, and breathe WHEN? and that's when the cardiac arrest sets in. 

Luckily, today we talked about how to use the Atonement in our daily lives for our RS lesson. daily. seriously? yeah. The Spirit told me once again, that everything will be okay. Somehow I will not only survive this week, but i'll thrive. I'll love it. And it's all because of the Atonement. God can make me more than I am. One day at a time, He will give me daily bread. He can change me. 


And You too. So breathe. Recover from the heart attack. And thank Heavenly Father for the gift of His Son.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your 'posts' Whit. They reveal so much about your precious soul and devotion to the Savior and His gospel. They're inspiring! I hope somehow you are saving/collecting them. They're your 'Family History' aka Weekly Family Letter.
    Love You SOO much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your 'posts' Whit. They reveal so much about your precious soul and devotion to the Savior and His gospel. They're inspiring! I hope somehow you are saving/collecting them. They're your 'Family History' aka Weekly Family Letter.
    Love You SOO much

    ReplyDelete