I feel like I should record a little beauty that happened one month ago.
Logan and I had planned to go to the temple together that Thursday evening, but plans changed the day before when I found out that a girl I knew from the mission who was baptized a few years ago had decided to go on a mission and was receiving her endowments in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. Of course half of the Battalion where she regularly came wanted to be there for the momentous occasion, especially since this girl is the only member in her family, and I was part of that group.
I notified Logan of the change and he very willingly said he would come up to Timp and even drive himself. Tawny, Hna Mendoza and I arrived just a few moments late, but by some miracle, the session hadn't started yet and they let us join in.
While I was sitting there, I realized I had never been to the temple with Logan. I kept looking for him, but didn't see him and guessed that the car had broken down... or he had a frisbee game or something come up.
"...as I partook of the fruit thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore I began to be desiroius that my family should partake of it also," (1 Nephi 8:12)
But I couldn't see him, so I resigned myself to just be grateful I was there at all in the beautiful house of the Lord.
After the session I was just standing there pondering when I saw someone walking towards me. When I looked up it was Logan, coming from the 7:20 session. My surprised smile almost jumped off of my face and I buried my head in his chest as I hugged him all dressed in white.
"And it came to pass that they did come unto me and partake of the fruit also" (1 Nephi 8:16)
Now that was joyous. Thank you Logan for giving me a sample of heaven. I love you bro.
No comments:
Post a Comment